Book Arts Journal

So here is my completed journal! I really enjoyed this project, I think it’s one of my favourites so far (though we are only 1 semester in). I decided to keep the cover quite simple with the papers I chose – they have a very subtle Victorian kind of pattern on the front and spine, and the back is some coffee stained paper. I added a lock (not a real one, just a stick on), some ribbons and a chain with a skull and key charm to fasten it, and some lovely stickers I picked up at Paperchase. I need to get some more of those, they were great! I’ve almost ran out.

I’m really happy with how this turned out, and it’s been a long time since I’ve been 100% happy with work that I’ve done. I’m quite a perfectionist so even if something has been quite successful, I’ll still find some fault with it! I added some nice petal papers on the inside as with this method of book binding, sometimes the binding process shows through on the inside. It’s not bad, I just like things to be tidy with my book making. By the time I stitched everything together, the book wouldn’t stay flat! I tried ironing the pages but to no avail. Never mind. I quite like how it looks as it is actually.

I’ve left a few extra pages at the back so I can continue to add to it once assessment is over. I also really want to make another one – maybe during the summer holidays. We shall see 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s